SYMPTOMS OF A BRAND IDENTITY CRISIS: Are you experiencing confusion, frustration, and/or minor headaches from the disjointed communications your school is sending out? You’re not alone. The health of your institution’s brand (and, more importantly, your own mental health) can suffer if there isn’t cross-departmental alignment on core brand elements like your mission, tone of voice, colors, and design templates.
The issue of 'brand guidelines' surfaced in one of the higher ed groups I belong to on Facebook this week. What are other schools doing to equip their often-times decentralized teams with clear, easy-to-use brand assets?
Here are some of our favorite examples shared for inspiration purposes.
- Boston University Marketing & Communications: Brand Guidelines - Not only is this microsite easy to navigate, but there is context for every asset provided, ensuring whoever is planning to use them knows why they're important and how to use them properly.
- Berkeley Brand Guidelines - We're suckers for keeping things simple - and nothing's better than a "Quick start guide" to help beginners find their momentum, which Berkeley includes on their brand page. Also, kudos to them for keeping up with the times and including virtual, branded backgrounds for Zoom calls.
- Tarleton State University's Homecoming Toolkit - Campaign-specific images for social media? This is taking the baseline for branding and raising it up a notch. It takes commitment and intentionality to ensure toolkits like this are updated - let alone shared/communicated properly to optimize use! Job well done, Tarleton.
Shameless plug 🔌 Looking for more about the topic of branding? Check out a recent Enrollify podcast about The Secret to Building Brand Equity with Ian Evenstar.
🎁 BONUS TOPIC 🎁
SEO, SEO, SEO - AM I RIGHT?: Google recently unveiled two new resources for video SEO aimed at optimizing videos for Google Search and Discover:
1. Search Central Lightning Talk - Learn which boxes to check when setting up your videos to ensure Google is indexing them properly.
2. Video best practices guide - This ever-evolving documentation just... evolved again. Here you'll find written instructions and context to apply to your video marketing strategies.
Wherever you are in your video / SEO marketing knowledge, these new Google resources get an Enrollify gold star for being thorough, helpful, and actionable.
Shameless plugs 🔌 Embrace video and SEO rabbit holes on our Enrollify blog with How to Incorporate Video Into Your Recruitment Strategy and 3 SEO Hacks You Can Apply With Little-to-No Budget.
Looking for more great content?
Each week, The Enrollify Podcast equips you with insights into how the latest trends in marketing and technology are affecting enrollment managers. Every episode is designed to inspire new, creative ideas for how to optimize the resources you have to generate the results you need.