DRIVING ACTION WITH YOUTUBE ADS: In 2020, 70% of users bought from a brand after seeing an ad on YouTube. That makes the site a viable platform not only for brand awareness, but for inquiry generation and conversion. The platform is increasingly being considered a lead generation tool in the education space, so we put together a series on YouTube advertising.
To learn more about the types of ad formats that are available on the platform and the kinds of campaigns that would fit within each, check out our first post in a series on YouTube advertising.
In our second installment, we dove into how to develop creative that wins on YouTube and moves the needle on your bottom line. Visit the post to read our tips for building successful video ads.
And in our last post of the series, we'll discuss how to generate qualified inquiries and maximize your ROI. Here are our tips:
1) Make it simple for viewers to take action from your video
- Use TrueView for action campaigns — these are skippable ins-stream ads designed to drive leads from calls to action. For these types of campaigns, you won't be charged for impressions or audio-video starts. You have the ability to zero in on a specific target audience and avoid being charged if someone outside of that segment watches the video.
2) Find new audiences to grow your inquiry base
- Reach people who are actively researching your school on Google by using custom intent audiences. High-performing keywords from search campaigns are likely to be effective on Youtube.
3) Optimize your bidding strategy with machine learning
- Leverage smart bidding strategies to maximize conversion and target cost-per-action to optimize your conversions. Pro tip: your daily budget should be 10X your video CPA so that you can generate at least 5 conversions per day.
Shameless plug 🔌 Learn more about this topic and see examples in our in-depth FRIdeas video — How to Advertise on YouTube [Part 3]: Generating Qualified Inquiries and Maximizing ROI.
🎁 BONUS TOPIC 🎁
NEW EVENT TOOLS ON LINKEDIN: Recently, LinkedIn unveiled a few new tools to amp up your event marketing. Keep these new features in mind the next time you promote a webinar, information session, or new student happy hour:
- Event Ad — this new ad format shows up directly in the LinkedIn feed and highlights important event information, like date, time and details on how to access it. Event ads give enrollment marketers the opportunity to focus on a target audience and increase visibility in front of the prospects that matter most.
- Event Analytics — this new tool aggregates data about the reach, engagement, and job functions of event attendees so that you can continually refine your event marketing strategy.
Shameless plug 🔌 For higher ed event insights, don't miss this post on The Enrollify Blog: "Virtual Enrollment Events: Tips and Best Practices."
Our podcast network is growing! Check out our latest show 👇
Starter Stories is a new podcast that explores the stories behind the world’s leading education technology companies and education consultancies...and the people who created them.
Submit a Comment